- The business of the Club shall be conducted by a Committee consisting of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Secretary and no less than 3 other Members. The President shall chair the meeting, or in his/her absence one of either the Vice President or Secretary or a nominee from the Committee in the event of all those mentioned being absent.
- The Committee may co-opt any Member to any unfilled post until the conclusion of the following AGM provided that the number of co-optees shall not exceed one third of the total number of persons serving on the Committee at that time.
- Four members shall form a quorum. All votes shall be determined by a simple majority. The President shall have a deliberative vote and if a vote is tied, he/she shall also have a casting vote.
- The Committee shall meet as required for the transaction of business. The President or any two members of the Committee shall have the power to instruct the Secretary to call a Committee Meeting which may be at 24 hours notice.
- The Committee shall have power to draw up, amend or annul Bye-Laws for the general government of the Club within the Constitution. All orders made by them shall be binding on every Member until set aside or amended by a General Meeting of the Club.
6. Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held on or before the 31st December or no more than four months from the financial year end on a date fixed by the Committee.
The following business shall be conducted;
- Receive and confirm the minutes of the previous AGM
- Presentation of the President’s report
- Presentation of the Treasurer’s report including the club’s audited financial accounts for the year made up to 31st October and the setting of all fees
- Election of officers to the Committee for the ensuing year. An auditor, who shall not be a member of the Committee, should also be appointed at this meeting.
- Any other business brought before the meeting which has been submitted in writing to the Secretary not less than twenty one days prior to the AGM, and any other business deemed relevant by the President
7. Extraordinary General Meetings
An Extraordinary General Meeting shall be called upon the written demand of:
- When a two thirds majority of the Committee deem it necessary, or,
- The President, or,
- On a requisition being presented to the Secretary signed by at least ten Senior Members (Life or Annual) stating the matter to be discussed.
8. Rules for General Meetings
- Each Member shall receive written notice of the Annual Meeting at least 14 days before the date of the meeting except in the event of an EGM where the notice shall be a minimum of seven days.
- The President, or in his/her absence a Member selected by the meeting, will take the Chair.
- All Members shall register with the Secretary prior to the start of the meeting and each Member shall have one vote. Associate Members and Junior Members shall have no voting rights except on a motion for the dissolution of the Club
- All votes shall be determined by a simple majority. In the event of a tied vote, the President may exercise a casting vote.
- The quorum shall be one quarter of those eligible to vote, or ten such Members, which ever is the smaller.
- The Secretary shall keep the minutes of the meetings and record all proceedings and resolutions.
9. Election of the Committee
- Membership of the Committee shall be drawn from the membership with election will be held annually at the AGM.
- All nominations shall be made and be seconded at the AGM and shall have the consent of the nominee
- The President shall remain in office for 2 consecutive years. The Secretary and Treasurer shall retire in alternate years but shall be eligible for re-election. The remainder of the Committee shall retire annually at the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting but shall be eligible for re-election. The President shall automatically spend one year on the Committee on demitting office.